Climate Change & Environmental Justice
California’s climate commitment has been called among the most ambitious in the world. Gavin Newsom is leading the global shift to green energy future – more sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy. Ensuring that our planet is safe for future generations.
Forging an Oil-Free Future
- $54 billion climate action plan to reduce state oil consumption by 91% while creating 4 million new jobs
- Achieving carbon neutrality by 2045
- Leading the global transition to clean cars, with a new requirement that all new cars sold by 2035 be electric
- Requested CARB to evaluate pathways to achieve carbon neutrality by 2035 – in advance of the 2045 target – and requested CPUC to establish more ambitious GHG targets for electricity procurement by 2030.
- Prohibited new wells and facilities within a 3,200-foot setback of homes, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, and other sensitive areas, and to require pollution controls for existing wells and facilities within the same 3,200-foot setback area.
Gavin Newsom is delivering for California.
Learn more about where Gavin Newsom stands on the issues facing Californians.