Economy, Jobs, & Consumer Protection
Gavin Newsom is taking action to tackle global inflation and rising costs. We know we are not the cheapest state in the union, but we have amenities and opportunities that simply don’t exist in other places. We are fighting to ensure all Californians can afford a place to live and have opportunities to get ahead.
- $18.1 billion in tax refunds – largest state tax refund in US history
- $1.4 billion to help people pay their utility bills
- Cutting taxes on diapers and tampons
- Bringing down the cost of childcare and education: 200,000 new childcare slots, universal pre-K and before- and after-school for all California kids
- Bringing down the cost of healthcare with middle class subsidies, providing universal health access to all, and manufacturing our own insulin
- California has grown from the 5th to 4th largest economy in the world under Gavin Newsom
- Last year, California’s economy grew faster than any large state in the nation and 37% faster than the nation as a whole
Gavin Newsom is delivering for California.
Learn more about where Gavin Newsom stands on the issues facing Californians.