Housing & Homelessness
Gavin Newsom is tackling California’s homelessness crisis head-on. No more excuses, no more passing the buck. California is finally getting serious about addressing this decades-long emergency with the compassion and urgency it demands.
Proven Solutions to Homelessness
- $15.3 billion homeless investment – with new accountability and oversight under a comprehensive state plan
- Creating more than 55,000 new units of housing, faster and cheaper than ever before in California history
- Creating CARE Court to connect people to mental health and substance abuse services
- Pioneering nation-leading homeless housing reforms including Homekey and Project Roomkey, which combined have brought more than 68,000 people off the streets just since the pandemic began
- Holding local governments acountable to plan for 2.5 million new homes by 2030
- Clean California to clean up thousands of encampments all across the state and beautify public spaces
Gavin Newsom is delivering for California.
Learn more about where Gavin Newsom stands on the issues facing Californians.